A riff on the classic potato chip cookie
Makes about 30 cookies
• 1 ½ c. gluten free flour blend
• ½ c. buckwheat flour
• ½ t. xanthan gum
• ½ t. sea salt
• 2 t. baking powder
• ½ t. baking soda
• 1 ½ c. packed brown sugar
• ½ c. shortening or your favorite allergy free butter substitute, melted
• 4 T. rice milk
• 1 t. chia seed + 1 T. water
• ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
• 1 T. vanilla
• 1 c. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
• 1 ½ c. Enjoy Life Light Sea Salt Plentils™, hand crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Mix together the gluten free flour blend, buckwheat flour, xanthan gym, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda and packed brown sugar.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the melted shortening, rice milk, chia-water mixture, unsweetened applesauce and vanilla.
4. Blend the dry mixture with the wet mixture until well beaten, about 1 minute with hand blender or stand mixer.
5. By hand stir in the Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels and the hand crushed Plentils™. Scoop by the tablespoon-full onto the parchment lined sheet trays and bake at 350 for 14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
6. Cool 5 minutes on tray then remove to cool completely.