2.5 C Gluten-Free Flour Mix*
1 C Brown Sugar, loosely packed
1-1/2 t Baking Soda
1-1/2 t Gluten-free baking powder
½ t Salt
½ t Cinnamon
1 t Xanthan Gum, Agar, OR Guar Gum
2 C Mashed EXTREMELY Ripe Bananas (about 5-6 bananas)
1 T gluten-free vanilla extract
½ C Grapeseed or Canola or Sunflower Oil
1/3 c water, room temperature
2 C Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
2 C Enjoy Life Cinnamon Crunch Granola
*Gluten-Free Flour Mix:
Feel Free to use your favorite gluten free flour mix (gum-free, if possible) or try our suggestion:
1 C Buckwheat
1 C Brown Rice Flour
¾ C Tapioca Starch
¼ C Amaranth
½ C Sorghum or Teff Flour or Quinoa Flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Line two muffin tins with muffin cups OR lightly oil the tin.
3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients EXCEPT granola and chocolate chips. In a separate bowl or pyrex measuring cup, combine all the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until batter is uniform and smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Using a half-cup measure, scoop batter into muffin tin until all batter is used. Lightly tap tin on counter to make batter more uniform in tin and force out air bubbles.
5. Sprinkle granola over tops of muffins to cover entire surface. Not all of it will stick – that’s okay.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry. Allow to cool.
7. Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for up to two days. Muffins may be frozen.