Contains NO: wheat, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, dairy or shellfish. Note: This recipe contains soy.
1 (10oz.) bag Enjoy Life ® chocolate chips
2 tsp Spectrum shortening (do NOT substitute with butter, oil or margarine)
1 (12oz.) package Silken SOFT Tofu (brought to room temperature)
1 (10oz.) bag Enjoy Life® chocolate chips
3 tbsp brown rice syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
8-10 balloons (water balloon size)
Hand mixer, blender or food processor
1) Blow up 8-10 balloons.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3) Microwave chocolate chips with shortening for 2 minutes, stirring after one minute. Continue heating in 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted. Do not overheat. Stir until smooth.
4) Dip balloon into melted chocolate, coating about 1/3 of the balloon. Let excess chocolate drip off. Repeat step one additional time.
5) Place the dipped end of the balloon on the parchment paper. Repeat with remaining balloons.
6) Place baking sheet with balloons in refrigerator (about 30 minutes).
7) Release air from balloons: Pinch the balloon just under the knot and cut a small hole in the surface between fingers and knot. Very gradually release the air. Be careful not to release the air too quickly or the bowls may break. Carefully peel the deflated balloons from the chocolate bowls. Patch any holes with the remaining chocolate if needed.
8) Return the bowls to the refrigerator.
9) Create your mousse filling: Using a hand mixer, blender, or food processor, blend tofu until smooth. Set aside.
10) Microwave chocolate chips for 2 minutes, stirring after one minute. Continue heating in 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted. Do not overheat. Stir until smooth.
11) Add brown rice syrup to the melted chocolate. Mix until combined. Chocolate should “seize” and pull away from the sides of the bowl, almost forming a ball.
12) Add the chocolate mixture to the tofu. Blend until smooth and creamy. Then, mix in vanilla.
13) Chill until set (at least 2 hours).
14) Fill each bowl with approximately 4 tbsp of mousse before serving. Garnish with fresh fruit if desired.
*Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Option. For those who love berries with their chocolate, try adding 1/2 cup raspberry puree to finished chocolate mousse for an extra berry burst.
Yield: 8-10 servings