Contains NO: wheat, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, dairy or shellfish..
2 tsp brown rice syrup
1/4 cup Sunbutter® sunflower seed butter
Perky’s Nutty Rice (about 1/2 box, enough to cover bottom of shallow pan)
1 (10 oz) bag Enjoy Life ® semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp Spectrum shortening
1) Pour Perky’s Nutty rice into a shallow pan and set aside.
2) Mix Sunbutter with the brown rice syrup. Mixture should stiffen upon mixing.
Pinch off about 1/2 tbsp of filling and form into a “pear” shape.
3) Roll the pear shaped sunflower mixture into Perky’s Nutty Rice cereal, pressing the cereal in place. Reshape if needed. Set in refrigerator while making the chocolate coating.
4) To make the chocolate coating, combine chocolate chips and shortening in a microwaveable container. Cook 30 seconds, stir. Continue until all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
5) Using a fork, dip the Goblins (one at a time) into the melted chocolate. Make sure to carefully tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on parchment lined sheet.
6.) To give those creepy creatures some eyes, use a single rice puff for each eye. You can even give them eyeballs by putting a small drop of chocolate in the center of the rice puff. You could also use frosting to create eyes or even a mouth. Have fun and be creative!
7.) Let the Goblins sit to harden. You can quicken the hardening by placing in the refrigerator. Once set, enjoy!