Contains NO: wheat, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, dairy or shellfish.
1 box of Enjoy Life ® Double Chocolate Brownie cookies
1 box of Enjoy Life ® Cocoa Loco snack bars
Other options: gluten-free pretzels or licorice
2 tsp. brown rice syrup
1/4 cup Sunbutter sunflower seed butter
sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried fruit
1) Slightly flatten two cookies with bottom of can or palm of your hand. Set aside.
2) Roll out a Cocoa Loco bar length-wise and cut into long strips, about the size of small pretzel sticks.
3) Attach three of the strips on top of a cookie so they hang over the sides forming the legs. (Gluten-free pretzels and licorice are a fun alternative too!)
4) Mix Sunbutter with the brown rice syrup to make the spider filling.
5) Place ½ tablespoon of filling on top of the legs in the center of the cookie.
6) Top with the remaining cookie. Use dried fruit or seeds for the spider’s eyes.
Note: Spider can be made without the Sunbutter filling by sticking the two cookies together after the legs are put on.
Yield: 6 Creepy Spider Cookies