This snack is as addictive as it is simple. Because it is made without tempered chocolate, you’ll want to store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yield: 1.3 lbs
1 package Enjoy Life Mountain Mambo Trail Mix
1-1/2 C Enjoy Life Perky’s Crunchy Rice Cereal
1-1/2 C Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
½ t vegetable oil (your preference; we used safflower oil)
1. In a large bowl, combine Mountain Mambo Trail mix and Crunchy Rice cereal.
2. Melt the chocolate chips over a double burner or in the microwave.
3. Add oil into the chocolate.
4. Pour chocolate over the Trail Mix/Cereal combination and immediately spread thin on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
5. Cool in the freezer or in the refrigerator.
6. When completely cool and hard, break into pieces and serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.