Contains NO: wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, dairy, fish or shellfish.
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 – 3/4 cup Enjoy Life® Cranapple Granola (crumbled)*
1/4 cup Spectrum shortening
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
3/4 cup rice milk
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Pumpkin pie spice (use less spice if you like it mild)
2 tsps cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Make your crust. Mix brown sugar, rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and granola until combined. With a fork, cut in the shortening until it looks crumbly.
3) Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
4) Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in each and press into place. Save remaining mixture for the top. Set aside.
5) To make the yummy pumpkin filling, mix together rice flour, baking powder, pumpkin spices, and salt. Set aside.
6) In separate bowl, mix pumpkin, rice milk, brown sugar, and oil until combined. Add the flour mixture to this mix and blend well.
7) Fill the muffin tray with pumpkin filling. Top off with a sprinkle of the extra crust mixture.
(There maybe extra topping depending on how much you prefer on top).
8) Bake tarts for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool in muffin pan for about 15 minutes before removing.
Remove carefully, (i.e. with 2 spoons). Serve warm or cold. Keep fresh in the refrigerator.
*To crumble granola, process lightly in a food processor or place in a plastic bag and lightly pound out with a rolling pin.
Yield 12 tartlets